Thursday, September 13, 2007

Work work work

I am at work right now, and its pretty slow. I already mentioned it, but i work at Washington Mutual Bank as a teller. I have been working here for 2 years now and i still love/hate it. I never pictured myself working at a bank because i am more of the creative, not good with numbers or math type. So its been interesting but i found out that its not that difficult and doesnt require much math. I sell, promote products, reffer, and help our customers with transactions.
Until a week or so ago i worked with Debbie, Casey, and Rachelle. Its an all women branch and i love it! We all get along really well, especially rachelle and i. A week or so ago we got a manager and her name is Natalie. She is 26 and mormon! What a surprise! Thankfully she fits right in AND she's kept us on our toes. I will be working here until the end of December when im going to leave for school. I would say that overall it has been a good experience for me. Kind of opened my eyes to the politics and snubbery that can go on, as well as what to expect out of a job and how to get along when you might not otherwise want to. I enjoy most our customers and the gals i work with, but dont plan to make a career of it!

2 comments:

crazy lady said...

Sounds like a good place to work:) It's not often that you like "most" of the people you work with. The skills you are learning now will sure come in handy getting along with roommates. Your bedroom sounds like what Kelsey used to have. I remember her saying when she was little that she wanted to have a room filled with clothes, blankets and soft stuff so that she could just lay down anywhere and be comfortable.
I guess you must take after your dad with the dance thing. That's one of the first things I remember hearing about your dad was that he was a great dancer!

Lost Woman said...

work work work. I always hated those things that were a "good experience" when I was younger, because that seemed to mean they were super trying! Now I actually appreciate some of those "good experiences" I have, but still usually after they are long over!
Oh, i miss dancing.